ITALCOTTO PROJECT SOLUTIONS
Italcotto, established in 1986, has become a leading importer and distributor of tiles for both the retail and wholesale market. Italcotto has excellent, credit-worthy and long-standing relationships, spanning 34 years, with reputable, global tile manufacturers that are at the forefront of the tile industry in design and technology.
Italcotto has together, with leading architects and interior designers, successfully completed many prestigious projects in South Africa. Italcotto has expanded their operation and created a new department called ITALCOTTO PROJECT SOLUTIONS (iPS) based in Cape Town.
What is iPS ?
The iPS department gives special focus to the needs of the project market. iPS is a separate entity to the retail division of Italcotto, pricing therefore is structured differently and is based on the volume required for each project.
iPS will negotiate directly with the manufacturer so as to secure the most favourable price for each project, effectively passing on any saving to the client. iPS’ professional team will ensure their expert and personal service and support for each project. The iPS office is based at the Italcotto Centre and has the full support and backup of the Italcotto brand.
Porcelain floor and wall tiles for commercial applications including offices, airports, shopping centres, retail stores and commercial pools.
Eco-friendly closed combustion wood and pellet burning Calore fireplaces for residential developments and commercial spaces.
Outdoor 2cm Porcelain Pavers for patios, terraces, rooftop gardens and other landscaping applications.
Traditional Italian and Spanish clay roof tiles.
IPS is headed up by Paolo Carlone, who has 25 years’ experience in the project specification market. Paolo has, in this time, built up tremendous technical and product knowledge, together with on-site experience. This wealth of experience in the field is of utmost importance when specifying floor coverings that have stringent technical requirements.
He is assisted in the department by Denver in Cape Town who ensures that each project is dealt with at the highest level of service and product knowledge.
Operating iPS as a separate division of Italcotto ensures:
- overheads are kept to a minimum
- pricing can be as much as 30% less than retail prices;
- each project is dealt with separately,
- prices will be based on the volume, payment terms and logistics required for the project;
- prices are based on project specification with a minimum quantity of 1000sqm;
- the client has the option to purchase the tiles on an approved account basis or take advantage of the cash price (T&Cs apply)
Suppliers & Products
Our relationship for the past 35 years with many leading global tile suppliers ensures:
- product quality and technical back up
- certified product specification and technical characteristics
- established product lines and extended availability
- product guarantees
- carefully selected suppliers with established business principles
- direct dealings with the factory – eliminating agency fees and resulting in the best prices
- introduction to new innovative product lines and the latest product technology
Logistics and Technical Support
A centrally located easily accessible, 9000 sqm warehouse, with administration and technical facilities ensures:
- accurate receipting and checking of stock, not contracted out to 3rd party
- secure storage and warehousing facility
- deliveries to site are handled with our own vehicles (Cape based projects)
- experienced staff
- on-site technical support