ITALCOTTO PROJECT SOLUTIONS
Italcotto, established in 1986, has become a leading importer and distributor of tiles for both the retail and wholesale market. Italcotto has excellent, credit-worthy and long-standing relationships, spanning 30 years, with reputable, global tile manufacturers that are at the forefront of the tile industry in design and technology.
Italcotto has together, with leading architects and interior designers, successfully completed many prestigious projects in South Africa. Italcotto has expanded their operation and created a new department called ITALCOTTO PROJECT SOLUTIONS (iPS) based in Cape Town and more recently a projects office in Johannesburg.
What is iPS ?
The iPS department gives special focus to the needs of the project market. iPS is a separate entity to the retail division of Italcotto, pricing therefore is structured differently and is based on the volume required for each project.
iPS will negotiate directly with the manufacturer so as to secure the most favourable price for each project, effectively passing on any saving to the client. iPS’ professional team will ensure their expert and personal service and support for each project. The iPS office is based at the Italcotto Centre and has the full support and backup of the Italcotto brand.
IPS is headed up by Paolo Carlone, who has over 20 years’ experience in the project specification market. Paolo has, in this time, built up tremendous technical and product knowledge, together with on-site experience. This wealth of experience in the field is of utmost importance when specifying floor coverings that have stringent technical requirements.
He is assisted in the department by Greg and Denver in Cape Town and Matt in Johannesburg who ensures that each project is dealt with at the highest level of service and product knowledge. A dedicated inhouse admin department co-ordinated by Shannon ensures timeous delivery of material and excellent customer service.
iPS’ range of products include the procurement of
Tiles – porcelain up to 1800x3600mm
Floor and wall for commercial application including offices, airports, shopping centres, retail stores, commercial pools and ventilated wall facades.
Floors, walls, ventilated facades for commercial application including offices, airports, shopping centres and retail stores.
Operating iPS as a separate division of Italcotto ensures:
- overheads are kept to a minimum
- pricing can be as much as 30% less than retail prices;
- each project is dealt with separately,
- prices will be based on the volume, payment terms and logistics required for the project;
- prices are based on project specification with a minimum quantity of 1000sqm;
- the client has the option to purchase the tiles on an approved account basis or take advantage of the cash price (T&Cs apply)
Suppliers & Products
Our relationship for the past 35 years with many leading global tile suppliers ensures:
- product quality and technical back up
- certified product specification and technical characteristics
- established product lines and extended availability
- product guarantees
- carefully selected suppliers with established business principles
- direct dealings with the factory – eliminating agency fees and resulting in the best prices
- introduction to new innovative product lines and the latest product technology
Logistics and Technical Support
A centrally located easily accessible, 9000 sqm warehouse, with administration and technical facilities ensures:
- accurate receipting and checking of stock, not contracted out to 3rd party
- secure storage and warehousing facility
- deliveries to site are handled with our own vehicles (Cape based projects)
- experienced staff
- on-site technical support